An available Blackboard course
- In your web browser, go to apps.oc.edu/here/ .
- Search for your current course. TIP: ctrl or cmd + F to search.
- Click on new poll.
- Select the appropriate date and time.
- Enter a password for student use. TIP: display then hide the password to prevent late comer or invalid entries.
- Click create.
Note: Currently, polls or courses cannot be deleted. If you input incorrect information, select Not Available and then create a new poll with the correct information.
To Make Available & Deploy
1. Select today's poll and on the Poll Status select Available.
2. Copy and display the URL address for today’s poll for students to access the Here App. TIP: They may also find the Here app on the North Institute’s website (http://ni.oc.edu/niapps.html). Note: students must search for the correct course and poll by date.
3. Students will enter the correct course poll and type in the password. They will be marked present. Note: students’ faces will disappear from the roster as they mark their attendance. Remind students to be sure they are in the correct poll for the date and course.
TIP: If students cannot access this for any reason, the instructor can go into today’s poll and select the hand icon for that student and it will also mark them as Present.