If users exceed their storage quota, they can be blocked from creating Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides, among other service degradations. If your user goes over storage limits:
- They can’t upload new files or images to Google Drive.
- They can't back up any photos and videos to Google Photos.
- Their ability to send and receive email in Gmail will be impacted. Note: Education customers are exempt from this.
- They can’t create new files in collaborative content creation apps like Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drawings, Forms, and Jamboard. Until they reduce storage use, nobody can edit or copy their affected files or submit forms owned by the user.
- They can’t record new meetings in Google Meet.
Note: Users over storage quota can still sign in to and access their Google Workspace account and view and download files.