The purpose of this editorial is to provide details on what a roommate group is, how a roommate group is created, and the importance of a roommate group.
What is a Roommate Group?
- A roommate group is a virtual link between students. It allows new and current students to select a specific person(s) to room with for the school year.
How big is a Roommate Group?
- It can be as few as 2 and as many as 8, depending on the apartment/suite/room you want to select.
Roommate Group FAQ's:
- Roommate groups are not required. You will still be able to select housing without a roommate group.
You will be able to create and edit roommate groups during the housing selection process, but doing so will affect your selection time and room options.
IMPORTANT: All members must request and accept each other.
- Your selection time will be calculated by the number of credit hours of each roommate and averaging those together.
How do I create a roommate group?
Step 1: Log into your MyOC Account
- Current Student: Go to www.oc.edu/myochome. Your user name and password will be your regular OC information.
- New Students: Go to https://signmeup.oc.edu. Your user name and password will be what was submitted to the Office of Admissions when you applied to OC. If you do not remember that information, please contact the Office of Admissions at (405) 425.5050.
Step 3:Click on "Roommate Groups"
Roommate Group Size Options Per Area
- University House: 2, 3, or 4
- Wilson Halls: 2, 6 or 8
- Davisson: 2 or 4
- Tinius East: 2, 6, or 8
- Tinius West: 2
- Phase 3: 2 or 4
- Phase 4: 2 or 4
- Phase 5: 2, 3, or 4
- Phase 6: 2, 3, or 4