Summer Housing | Reservations in 3 Simple Steps:
- Submit housing application & create roommate groups.
- Receive email confirmation and approval from Residence Life and Financial Services.
Current Phase 5, 6, & Tealridge Students
3. Reserve your current bed space within the housing application OR select a new room in Phase 5 or Phase 6 during the selection processes. Housing selections will occur March, 13th - March 16th.
Current Phase 3, 4, & Residence Hall Students
3. Select housing March 13th - March 16th.
***Application Submission Deadline: March 9th
If a submission is made after the deadline, you will forfeit the option to personally select a room for the summer and the Residence Life Office will automatically assign you a room.
Visit our Summer Housing page for additional details and application information!
Things to Note:
- The deadline to make a Summer Housing Reservation for Session #1 is Friday, April 20th. If an application is submitted after the submission deadline(s), a $25 application fee will be applied to the reservation. Similarly, if a cancellation after the cancellation deadline(s) there will be a $25 fee. See "Apartment Options, Costs & Sessions" for details.
- Summer housing selections will take place March 12th - March 16th. Students who have completed a summer housing application, but fail to select a room by March 16th, will be automatically assigned a room.
- Your summer and fall housing assignments are independent of each other and could vary. Reserving a space in the apartments for the summer, does not reserve that space for you during the fall.
- There are no private apartments, but private rooms may or may not be readily available in 2 bedroom apartments only. The university reserves the right to condense as needed.
- You may not store your belongings in your room/apartment if you have not registered for summer housing. If you do not register for summer housing, you must take all of your belongings with you.
- Approval from Residence Life and Financial Services is required before a student will gain access to their room.
- Rates are per week and will not be pro-rated for those who stay less than a week.
- Spring housing closes Saturday, April, 28th at 10:00 am. Fall Housing Opens, August 18th @ 8:00 am.
Step 1: Submit Housing Application
Directions on how to complete the Fall Housing Application and Agreement can be found HERE or below.
On the Home Page under the “Applications” banner, you will see the “Fall Housing Application.”
Select the blue Get Started button
Complete and submit the housing application
Receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org confirming we have received and accepted your application.
Create Roommate Groups
Create Roommate Groups, if applicable - not required.
Roommate Groups can be created through the Roommates tab on your MyOCHome Account. Instructions on How to Create a Roommate Group and more can be found by clicking here.
Step 2: Receive Approval from Residence Life & Financial Services
You must receive approval from Residence Life & Financial Services before your reservation is confirmed. If you have questions about your status, please contact your PFC (personal financial counselor).
Step 3: Select Housing (Applies To: Current Phase 5, 6, & Tealridge Students)
Reserve your current bed space within the housing application OR select a new room in Phase 5 or Phase 6 during the selection processes. Housing selections will occur March, 13th - March 16th.
Step 3: Select Housing (Applies To: Current Phase 3, 4, & Residence Hall Students)
Select housing March 13th - March 16th.
If you have submitted a summer application, but do not make a selection during the selection times (March 13th - 16th), you will forfeit the option to select a room and housing will automatically assign you a room.
See below instructions on how to select housing.
How to Select Housing
It's time to select a room! You or your roommate group will be assigned a specific selection start time and date to select your housing. From your assigned selection start date through March 16th, you will be able to select a room.
You will be able to view your selection start time by visiting www.oc.edu/myochome. Directions on how to select your housing can be found here, or under Helpful How-To Links.
IMPORTANT: Selection Facts
Be sure to know your unique selection start time and date.
In order to make a selection, you MUST complete Step 1 (Housing Application) and Step 2 (Receive approval from Financial Aid & Residence Life).
Students who have submitted a summer application, but do not select a room by March 16th will be automatically assigned a room.
It will be to your advantage to select a room at the start of your selection time. You will be able to select a room after your start time, but your room options will decrease the longer you wait to select.
#1. Receive Selection Notification Email
You will receive an email notifying you that you can view your Selection Start Time.
Within the email, you can:
- Access information on viewing your selection date and time.
- Access information on creating roommate groups.
#2: Know Your Selection Time
You can find your personal room selection date and time on your MyOC Home page.
What is a selection time?
Each student will receive a specific time they will be able to log onto www.oc.edu/myochome and select their housing.
When can you view your selection start time?
You will be able to view this information after you have received the selection notification email.
Importance of a selection start time?
You are the only one given that specific selection start time. Once this start time begins, you will be able to select a room. It is to your advantage to select a room as close to your selection time as possible! You will only have a small amount of time to select before the next students selection time will occur.
What if I miss my selection start time?
Your selection start time is simply the time you can begin selecting rooms. Your deadline to select a room is March 16th. If you have submitted an application but fail to select a room before March 16th, you will be automatically assigned a room.
How are selection start times designate?
Your start time will first depend on your class year (freshman, sophomore, junior, senior) and then by number of completed credit hours at the end of this semester.
#3. Select a Room
Your selection start time is here. Now What?
Steps to Select Your Room:
#1. Visit www.oc.edu/myochome
#2. Access the Room Selection Process
Click on the Open tab to access the room selection process.
#3. Select a Room
If no roommate group updates / changes are needed, select the "Select a Room" button.
Within your the room selection process there is a countdown clock that shows exactly how much time is remaining before you can select a room. PLEASE NOTE: If you are the leader of a roommate group, the time will change to the best date and time of the person within your group. Each time the group changes, the date and time could change.
How to View Open Rooms
- Residents can use the filters to search for what type of space they are looking for. They can filter
by Building, Floor or Occupancy.
- This list is pre-filtered based on the combined eligibility of the group members. Changes in the
roommate group may affect the rooms or apartments displayed.
- This list accounts for gender and other elements of the roommate groups in displaying available
space, so these room elements are not displayed in the list view.
Staring and Selecting a Room
- The Availability column lists how much space is available in each room.
- Residents can save their Favorite rooms by clicking on the white star in the Selection column. By
saving a Favorite room, participants create a personal list that allows faster selection when it is
their selection time.
- To view the room information, click on Open Room.
- Groups can see all available rooms/apartment for their gender but will only be able to finalize a
selection that meets their current roommate group size. Remember you can adjust your group
size anytime until a room selection is finalized.
- Once a room is finalized only Residence Life can undo a roommate group. This is not something
that can happen quickly and will undo the prior room selection for all members of the group.
Determining the availability for your group:
Available rooms / apartments will have a BLUE 'Open Room' box next to it. You will see numbers like, 2 of 2 or 4 of 4, listed next to the rooms. These numbers refer to the available spaces (first number) of the total spaces (second number) in the room / apartment.
#5: Finalize Your Selection
Once a room has been identified, the group leader should make the selection.
- Selection Window Status: displays countdown until selection can be finalized OR message
indicating window for selection has opened and housing selection can be finalized
- Your Roommates: lists all members of the group.
Room Selection: Displays the room the group leader selected. If selecting an apartment, the group
leader will need to place each roommate from the roommate group into the bed spaces related to
the apartment. In this way, the students directly control which residents share rooms within the
Finalize Selection: When the assignment can be finalized, or the group leader prepares to submit
the assignment, the “Finalize Selection” button is displayed. After clicking on the “Finalize
Selection” button, click OK to confirm that the housing selection is finalized .
Please note: Make sure every member's name is shown in a slot. If a member is forgotten and the selection is finalized, they are not included in the room / apartment.
#6: Receive Room Selection Confirmation
You will receive a room selection confirmation email from email@example.com.
Once you have have successfully submitted an assignment, you may still view your selected assignment
on your MyOC Home Account (www.oc.ed/myochome). However, you will not be able to edit your group or change your finalized room assignment.