The My Financial Aid page allows students to:
- View current and previous financial aid awards
- Review payment plan options
- Accept, reduce, or decline loans
- Compare financial aid awards between specific dates and/or years
- View and complete financial aid missing information
To learn about making payments, please view our instructions for using the Student Account Online.
Applicants access My Financial Aid through their Admissions login screen. To sign in, enter the email address and password you used for your application. Click on the link below to open the financial aid page in a new tab.
Applicants who have already created their myOC (@eagles.oc.edu email address) account should use the instructions for current students.
For Current Students:
Those who have already set up an OC network account are considered current students. Click on the link below to open the financial aid page in a new tab.
Go to https://my.oc.edu/default/financial_aid/index
Financial Aid Page
The first page you will encounter is Current Awards
- You can use the menu to select the academic year for which you want to view your awards.
- Click Submit
Understanding Your Current Awards Page
- Under Status, an "A" marks those financial aid awards that you have accepted. (Gifts, like grants and scholarships, are automatically accepted for you.)
- Under Status, an "O" means that you need to choose whether you want to accept, reduce, or decline the financial aid award.
- To accept, reduce, or decline your awards that are marked "O," click on the Accept Awards tab. (This step is explained in the next section.)
- You can hover your mouse over the name of each financial award to view the details of the award.
- You can see what your total financial aid for the academic year would be if you accepted all awards.
- An estimate of your expenses is shown below to help you figure out how much aid you may want to accept.
- Using the estimated cost, this displays the amount you owe for the year after all financial aid is applied.
- You can view the costs for housing and meal plans to estimate your cost more accurately.
- If you are eligible for work study, your maximum amount available is displayed here.
- To pay for the amount you still owe after financial aid, you can choose to set up an Installment Payment Plan (IPP) through your Student Account Online.
- At the bottom, you will find the contact information for your Personal Financial Counselor.
Accept, Reduce, or Decline Loans
- Click the Accept Awards tab.
- Select the academic year for which you want to accept awards.
- Click Submit
- To Accept an award, simply select Accept next to that award and leave the box blank.
- To accept only part (Reduce) an award, select Accept and put the amount you want to accept in the box below the award.
- Make sure to specify the period for which you want to accept the loan.
- To Decline an award, select Decline next to that award.
- The total of your previously accepted awards is displayed below the section for accepting, reducing, or declining awards.
- Fill out the box if the instructions apply, or leave blank if not.
- Explain any desire to decline or reduce awards that you were not able to decline or reduce at earlier steps.
- Read the statement and check the box to express agreement.
- Click Submit
Missing Documents Page
- Click on the Check for missing items tab to view any missing items.
- Any currently missing item will say missing under status. (Please note that an item may remain marked as missing for a while after you have submitted the item. The item will be removed as soon as your Personal Financial Counselor is able to review and approve the submitted item.)
- There is usually a link provided that will take you to where you can complete the missing item.
Financial Services will notify you about any new missing items via email. Failure to provide this missing information before the first day of classes will delay or prevent your financial aid from being disbursed.
Award History Page
You can use the Award History page to compare two different years of your financial aid awards.