Each professor will need to determine how he or she wishes to have the evaluation conducted. The professor may wish to start the class, open the section for evaluation, let a facilitator to take over (a colleague, an administrative assistant perhaps), and then close the section when he or she returns to class. The professor may choose to schedule the section and have the facilitator start the class and instruct the students on how to do the evaluation. Although it is not recommended, a professor could allow the students to complete the evaluation out of class during a scheduled time.
Please remember that the students must have their laptops with them to do the evaluation. You will need to tell the students in advance to bring their laptops for the evaluation class period.
Please make sure to observe the following policies:
- Announce clearly to the students that you will not see the evaluations until final grades have been submitted.
- Announce clearly to the students that the evaluations are anonymous; no one will know what any individual student has written.
- Announce clearly to the students that the evaluations are very important and are taken seriously.
- Do not hover. Do not stand in any place where you can observe what students are writing. Students have complained that faculty members stand where they can observe what is being written.
- Navigate to my.oc.edu.
- Click on the hamburger menu in the upper right-hand corner.
- Select Sections from menu.
- Select the Term.
- The final column labeled "Evaluation" will show the status of your evaluation:
- NotOpen - Course evaluation is not open
- Scheduled - Course evaluation has been scheduled
- Need - Course should be evaluated this semester
- Open - Course is currently available for students to evaluate
- Closed - Evaluations are complete for the course.
Click on the link to view the evaluation settings, schedule evaluations, or open or close the evaluations manually.
You can schedule your evaluations in advance:
- Enter an Opening Date for your evaluation. Note: you can click the Pick Date button to have a small calendar appear where you can select the date.
- Enter an Opening Time for your evaluation. Note: you can click the Pick Time button to have a list of start times displayed for selection.
- Enter a Closing Date for your evaluation. Note: you can click the Pick Date button to have a small calendar appear where you can select the date.
- Enter a Closing Time for your evaluation. Note: you can click the Pick Time button to have a list of start times displayed for selection.
- Once you have entered the date and time information, click Submit to schedule the evaluations.
If you decide that you do not want to schedule the section for the time you entered, you may remove the dates and times by clicking the Clear Evaluation Time button.
Once the scheduled evaluation time is past, the section will appear with a status of Complete and will no longer be available to open. If you need to schedule additional time, contact the VPAA office to have it reset.
Open Evaluations Manually
If you do not wish to schedule the evaluation and want to open and close the evaluations manually:
- Click the Open button to begin evaluations
- When evaluations are complete, you must press the Complete button to close the evaluations.
Once you have clicked on the Complete button, the section will appear with a status of Complete and will no longer be available to open. If you inadvertently click complete before the students have done the evaluation, contact the VPAA office to have it reset.