You can easily create a filter for messages similar to one you're currently reading.
For these instructions, please log in to your Gmail account. If you do not know how to log in to your OC email account, please see our instructions on how to Access Google Apps.
Choose an Email Message
- Choose an email message you would like to filter.
- Click the drop-down menu next to Reply.
- Select Filter Messages Like This.
Enter Filter Criteria
- Enter the filter criteria. In this case we're going to filter all messages from the address email@example.com.
- Click Create filter with this search.
- Check the box next to the actions you'd like to take with the messages. You can choose one or multiple actions.
- To apply the rule to other messages in your inbox, you can check the box to apply the filter to other matching messages.
- Click Create Filter.
You can check any combination of these boxes:
- Skip the Inbox - This means you will not see the message in your inbox, but you can find it in your archives.
- Mark as read - The message will automatically be marked as read
- Star it - This will cause the message to be starred
- Apply a label - This will apply a label, but will not cause the message to skip the inbox unless you also check that box
- Forward it - You will need to add a forwarding address using the link.
- Delete it - This will delete the message. You may not be able to find the message later.
- Never Send it to Spam
- Always Mark it as Important
- Never Mark it as Important
You can create an unlimited number of filters, but only 20 filters can forward to other addresses.