With contact groups you can easily organize your contacts, making it easier to email a specific set of people. For these instructions, please log in to your Gmail account. If you do not know how to log in to your OC email account, please see our instructions on how to Access Google Apps.
Go to Contacts
- Click the menu icon in the top right corner
- Click Contacts in the dropdown menu.
Create a Group
- At the left under "Labels," click Create label.
- Type a name.
- Click Save.
Select one of the following:
- A single contact: Check the box next to the contact name.
- Multiple contacts: Check the boxes next to all the contacts you want to add.
- All contacts: Check the box next to any contact and in the top left, click Selection Actions All.
- At the top, click Manage labels .
- Click the group label you want.
- Click Apply.
If a contact has multiple email addresses, only their default email address is added to the label group.
If you need to add additional contacts, repeat the Contact Selection steps above.
Email a Group
- Open gmail.oc.edu.
- At the top left, click Compose.
- In the "To" field, start typing the group name, then select the group from the list that appears.
- You'll see a list of contacts in the "To" field.
You have successfully created a new contact group.