You can set up a "vacation response" in your Gmail settings that will automatically reply to anyone who emails you during the specified time. For these instructions, please log in to your email account. If you do not know how to log in to your gmail account, please see our instructions on how to Access Google Apps.
- Click on the 'Settings' icon in the top right corner of your screen
- Select "Settings" from the drop-down menu.
- Make sure that the "General" tab is selected.
- Scroll down to the section titled "Vacation responder."
- To use the Vacation Responder, select 'Vacation Responder on'
You can manually turn off the Vacation Responder at any time. Simply select 'Vacation responder off'
Start (and End) Date
- Next to "First day," enter the date that you want the automatic reply to begin.
- If you would like the responder to stop automatically on a certain date, check the box next to "Last day" and enter this date in the adjacent box.
Create Your Message
- Enter the subject of your automatic reply.
- Enter the text for the body of your automatic email.
- Customize the style of your message.
If you've enabled a personalized signature in your settings, Gmail will automatically append it to the bottom of your vacation response.
Options Below the "Message" Box
- Choose who to send your reply to.
- Only send a response to people in my Contacts - this will send the response to anyone saved in your contacts list for email.
- Only send a response to people in OC - this will only send a response to those inside of the OC domain (@eagles.oc.edu, @oc.edu, etc.)
- Both Boxes Checked - will send the response to those in your contacts AND those within the OC domain
- Both Boxes Unchecked - will send the response to all emails you receive.
- At the bottom of the screen, click 'Save Changes'