Delegates can do things like:
- Send or reply to emails that were sent to you. When they send a message, their email address will show. For example, the sender will show as "sent firstname.lastname@example.org."
- Read messages sent to you
- Delete messages sent to you
- Manage your contacts
Delegates can't do things like:
- Chat with anyone for you
- Change your Gmail password
- Change your Gmail account settings
For these instructions, please log in to your Gmail account. If you do not know how to log in to your OC email account, please see our instructions on how to Access Google Apps.
- Click the Settings icon in the top right corner of your screen.
- Click Settings
Accounts and Import
- Select the Accounts and Import tab
- Under the Grant Access to your account section, click Add another Account
If you would like your emails to be marked as read when opened by your delegate, choose 'Mark conversation as read...'
If you do NOT want your emails to be marked as read when opened by your delegate, choose 'Leave conversation unread...'
Enter Email Address
- Type in the email address of the person you would like to grant delegate access to.
- Click Next Step
You can only grant delegate access to someone with your domain.
- Click Send email to grant access to confirm.
- You have successfully granted delegate access.
The delegate will receive an email stating that they have been granted delegate access to the owner's email address. To access the account you've been given access to, please log in to your gmail account. If you do not know how to log in to your OC email account, please see our instructions on how to Access Google Apps.
Open Delegate Access Email
- Open the email sent to you from the email owner. It should look similar to the one shown above.
- Click Confirm on the next page.
- You have successfully confirmed you are accepting the role as delegate for the email owner.
It may take up to 30 minutes for the request to be processed.