Google Calendars is set to automatically add any invitation you receive to your calendar (even potential spam). Follow the directions below to remove this default setting if you would like to add these invitations to your calendar yourself. For these instructions, please log in to your Gmail account. If you do not know how to log in to your Gmail account, please see our instructions on how to Access Google Apps.
Go to Google Calendar
- Click on the Google Apps (3x3 Grid) icon in the top right corner of your screen.
- Click Calendar
Go to Calendar Settings
- Click the gear icon in the top right corner of your screen.
- Click Settings
Configure Notification Settings
4. Scroll down, almost to the bottom of the screen until you reach the section labeled Automatically add invitations to my calendar
5. You can change the setting to meet your needs
- Yes - all invitations will always be put on your calendar and you will receive a reminder notification
- Yes, but don't send event notifications unless I have responded "Yes" or "Maybe" - all invitations will always be put on your calendar, but you will not receive a notification
- No, only show invitations I've responded to - only invitations that you accept will be put on your calendar and you will receive a reminder notification.
- You have successfully configured your Google Calendar event notifications.