Staff offices can request Community Groups in Blackboard if they'd like to be able to host meetings with groups or individual students using Blackboard Collaborate. Blackboard Collaborate will allow you to video chat, share your screen, or share documents for collaboration.
Log in to Blackboard
- Navigate to bb.oc.edu in a web browser.
- Click on Organizations in the left hand menu.
- Select your Community Group.
- Click on the Collaborate Sessions link in the left-hand menu. (NOTE: this link may have a different name like Blackboard Collaborate)
- There will be a general course room that is unlocked and available for use at any time. You can click on this link to open the general room.
- You can also choose to schedule sessions in advance if you know you're going to have a meeting. To schedule a session, select Create Session. Expand the section below for more information on creating a scheduled session.
If you need to hold more than one session at a time, you'll need to use scheduled sessions.
- Create a name for your session. If this is a shared room, your group will probably want to create a standard for meeting names. It could include the Staff member's name and the name of the student or group of students they're planning to meet with.
- Once you've created the name, meeting details will appear. If participants need it, a dial-in number is available so users can use their phone for audio.
- Select a role for those joining (described below) and then copy the link to send via email, text or other message to participants. You can copy multiple links if you want to include multiple types of participants. You'll have the opportunity to do this later as well.
- Select a Start date and time.
- You can select an end date and time or check the No End box if you wan the room to remain open indefinitely.
- You can choose to repeat the session if you'd like to set up a regular room for your constituents to join.
- Select an early entry time to allow students to enter the room early before the meeting starts.
- You can click here to set the Session Settings as described below.
- Click Save.
When you click on the general room or a saved session, the join session dialog box will open on the right-hand side.
From the Join dialog box, you can join the meeting and change the settings of the meeting.
- If you want to invite someone else to the meeting. You can get different links for participants, Presenters and moderators. Click on the Copy button to copy the link and add it to an email, calendar invite or other message.
Attendee roles include:
- Participant - Moderators decide if participants share audio and video, chat, and draw on the whiteboard or shared files. This role will work if you're just doing video chat or if you (the moderator or presenter) are sharing content with someone, but they don't need to share with you.
- Presenter - The presenter role is designed to allow students to present without giving them full moderator privileges. Presenters can upload, share, edit, and stop sharing content.
- Moderator - Moderators have full control over all content being shared. They can make any attendee a presenter or a moderator. Moderators can set the session settings, including deciding what participants can and can't do.
On the Join menu you can also set the session settings. The defaults are shown above. If you make any changes, click save to save the settings.
Click Join Course Room to get started.
Allow Access to Microphone and Camera
Your browser may pop up and ask for permission to use your microphone. Click Allow.
An Audio Test will appear.
- Speak to test your microphone. (Don't worry. No one in the room can hear you yet!)
- If you notice movement, click Yes - It's working to proceed.
- If you're having trouble, click on the pull-down to select a different microphone.
- If it's still not working, click on No- I need help to get some troubleshooting steps.
Click Allow to allow access to your camera.
A video test will appear.
- If you can see yourself, click Yes - It's working.
- If not, click No - I need help for some troubleshooting steps.
Expand the sections below for detailed information about using Blackboard Collaborate.
The Collaborate menu can be activated by pressing the purple button in the bottom right hand me
In the Settings menu, you can edit your Audio and Video Settings
- Click on Audio and Video Settings to expand the menu
- Click on Set up Your camera and microphone to step through the setup again.
- The Dial In number is listed
- You can adjust your speaker volume.
In the Settings menu, you can edit your Notification settings
- Click on Notification Settings to expand the menu.
- Click on the checkboxes to edit the types of notifications you want to receive during class meetings.
In the Sessions menu, you can change the Session Settings. You can choose what participants can do during the meeting.
The Attendees button will show the people that are currently in the meeting. They will be listed by role.
Click on the Chat icon to open the chat window.
You have two options in Chat.
- You can start a private chat with someone in the meeting if there are multiple attendees.
- You can chat with everyone. This is a great way to ask the presenter clarifying questions during a session or to add commentary reactions.
My Status and Settings
At the bottom of the screen, there's a menu that will allow you to quickly change your status and settings.
- Click on the person icon to change your status. These settings will allow you to easily communicate with the presenter about the content they're presenting. You can ask the instructor to slow down or speed up. You can also send a notification that you're confused to give the instructor a change to clarify.
- Click on the microphone icon to turn on your microphone. We encourage attendees who are not currently presenting to leave the microphone off unless they need to speak. The microphone will be off by default when you join a room.
- Click the video button to turn on your camera and share your video.
- Raise your Hand to get the attention of the presenter and let them know you have a question. This will allow them to call on you at an appropriate stopping point.
Instructions for Guests
You can find instructions for guests at the following link:
Contact Support Central
- View Location
- View Hours
- Phone: 405-425-5555
- Email: email@example.com
Please sign in to leave a comment.