Community members who are part of an organization can use the instructions below to join and participate in a collaborate session..
We've found that Google Chrome or the FireFox web browser work best for these sessions.
- Log in to bb.oc.edu with your OC credentials
- Click on Organizations in the left hand menu
- Select the name of your organization.
- Click on Collaborate Session in the left-hand menu
- There will be a general course room for community members to use for impromptu meetings, or look for your scheduled meeting in the list of scheduled sessions. Click on one of the options to join the room.
- Click Join Course Room to enter the Collaborate Session.
- Most of the time you will want to join your meetings with your computer audio and video. If you need to dial in to use your telephone for audio, you can find the dial-in number here.
Allow Access to Microphone and Camera
Your browser may pop up and ask for permission to use your microphone. Click Allow.
An Audio Test will appear.
- Speak to test your microphone. (Don't worry. No one in the room can hear you yet!)
- If you notice movement, click Yes - It's working to proceed.
- If you're having trouble, click on the pull-down to select a different microphone.
- If it's still not working, click on No- I need help to get some troubleshooting steps.
Click Allow to allow access to your camera.
A video test will appear.
- If you can see yourself, click Yes - It's working.
- If not, click No - I need help for some troubleshooting steps.
You have now joined the session.
- Click on the microphone icon to activate your microphone. If the meeting is a large group meeting, you may want to leave it off until you need to speak.
- If desired, click the video button to turn on your camera.
- If you're in a large meeting and have a question or need to speak, click the Raise Hand button.
Expand the sections below for detailed information about using Blackboard Collaborate.
You may use any of the feedback buttons at any time during the meeting.
When you are ready to leave the meeting:
- Click on the person icon.
- Click Leave Session.