If you have reset your password and are continuously reeiving prompts to update your keychain password, you may want to delete the keychain password. Follow the instructions below to delete the keychain password.
Delete Login Keychain
Open Keychain Access
- In the top-right corner of your screen, click on the spotlight search.
- Type Keychain in the search bar.
- Select Keychain Access
Delete Keychain 'login'
- Click on File in the menu bar at the top of your screen.
- Select Delete Keychain 'login' from the drop-down menu.
Delete References and Files
- Click Delete References & Files
Create New Keychain (Optional)
As you enter your passwords in the future, you will be able to gradually create your new keychain by agreeing to save passwords to your keychain when prompted.
Delete Keychain from Finder
Be sure you are in the Finder
- To be sure, the word next to the apple icon in the top left hand corner of your screen should say Finder.
Press the keys "Command", "Shift", and "C" simultaneously
- You can use either side for the command or shift keys.
Select Your User
- Format your window in list view.
- Click Mac OS X
- Click Users
- Click on your username/user (there should be a house next to your username)
FInd the Keychain Folder
- Double click to open the Keychains folder
Delete the Keychains
- Delete everything inside this folder.
Restart your computer
When you are done deleting the keychain, restart your computer.