Create an event on your calendar, add a video call to the event, invite guests to the event, and save. All invitees will receive a meeting request that includes the link to the video call/hangout. Please note that a Google Hangout can only accommodate 15 participants at a time, including the facilitator.
- Make sure you are logged into your OC Google/Gmail account.
- Browse to https://calendar.google.com.
- Go to the date on which you want to hold the virtual meeting/class.
- Click the time slot on the calendar (right on the page itself) at which you would like to schedule the virtual meeting/class.
- On the “Create Event” dialogue box that opens, click the “Edit event” link [see it]
- Enter and/or confirm pertinent event information (e.g., event name, start and end times, invitees, notifications, etc.). [see it]
- Important: Click the “Add video call link” to add a hangout to this event. [see it] [Optional: after adding the video call to the event, you can change the name of the video call if you want to (see it)]
- Click the “Save” button at the top of the screen to save your event.