Many different issues can arise for many different things when printing. If you experience any difficulties, try the troubleshooting tips below. If the issue persists, please contact Support Central (details below).
Check the Network Connection
Are you connected to the network?
- Double check to make sure your computer or mobile device is connected to Eaglesnet, Eaglesnet E, or Eaglesnet W.
- For more information on networks, please see our section on Network (WiFi and Passwords)
Check Your ID Card
Did your ID card beep when you scanned it?
- If your ID card does not beep when scanning it at a printer, it may be damaged. Please bring your damaged ID card to Support Central so we can replace it for you free of charge. Lost ID cards cost $10 to replace.
- Make sure you are using the most updated version of your ID card. Old versions will not for anything on campus.
Your damaged ID card must be with you in order to receive a free replacement.
Check Your Printers
Are your files showing up in your print queue?
- If they are not showing up in your print queue, there may be an issue with your printer driver. Try uninstalling and reinstalling your printer drivers.
- For more information, see our answer about Printing Procedures.
Check Printing Account Balance
Do you have a positive printing account balance?
- Every student is allotted $30 at the beginning of the semester. If you do not have enough money in your printing account and need more, please contact Support Central to charge your student account for extra.
- For more information, please see our answer about Checking Your Printing Account Balance.
Check the Printer/Copier Status
Is the printer/copier on?
- Make sure the printer/copier screen is on. If it is not, press the power button to turn it on.
- Make sure there are no errors. If there are any red lights flashing, there may be an error. If you do not know how to resolve the error, please contact Support Central
Is the printer/copier responsive?
- If the printer or copier is not responsive, you can do a power cycle on the printer/copier (see instructions below).
To perform a power cycle on a copier, turn off the copier and unplug it from the wall. Wait for a whole 60 seconds before plugging it back in and turning it on.
- Turn off the printer.
- Reset the Micromind.
- The micromind is a white box adhered to the back or side of the printer (shown below). To reset the micromind, unplug the black, round, power cord.
- Leave the Micromind unplugged for a full 60 seconds.
- Plug the Micromind back in. The indicator lights will be yellow and red. Wait for one of them to turn green.
- When one of the lights turns green, turn on the printer again.
Check the Paper
Does the printer have paper?
- Most printers/copiers will have paper nearby to refill. Students should ask the nearest employee for assistance (receptionist, secretary, etc.). Employees can submit a Paper Request Form on MyOC to have paper delivered to their department.
Check the Ink/Toner
Is there enough ink or toner?
- If there is not enough ink or toner to complete the print job, your job won't print. The printer or copier should tell you if the toner cartridges are out. Students should notify the nearest employee if a printer is out of toner. Employees can call Support Central if they do not have a replacement cartridge.