You can change your preset settings in most programs to automatically print grayscale to color printers so you won't be charged for a color print. Follow the instructions below.
Reinstall Printers (Recommended)
Change Settings Manually (Optional)
Open Print Box
- Open the document you would like to print.
- Select File
- Select Print from the drop-down menu.
Copies & Pages
Click on Copies & Pages to reveal the dropdown menu.
Select Color Options
Print Color as Gray
Check the box next to Print Color as Gray
Configure Default Settings
Select Default Settings to reveal the dropdown menu.
Save Current Settings
Select Save Current Settings as Preset...
If you would like, you can alter other settings before saving this preset such as printing single or double sided or collated, etc.
Name the Printer Setting
- Type in a new name for your printer settings.
- Choose Only this printer if you would like these settings to apply to only this specific printer or All printers if you would like these settings to apply to every printer.
- Select OK
- These presets should be saved for ALL programs that you will need to print to on OC's domain.
- To print in color, repeat the steps above and uncheck the Print in Grayscale box, and select Print. This will allow your document to print in color, but keep the grayscale settings as default.