The university licenses Sophos Anti-Virus for faculty and staff. If you are experiencing issues with Sophos on Windows, such as a "Could not contact server" error, or a red cross on the Sophos icon, re-installing Sophos should fix the problem.
This program is only available for certain users due to licensing agreements. If you do not have access and believe you should have access to this program, please contact Support Central.
Connect to the Server
- Click on the windows start button
- Type \\Software.oc.edu\dist\Sophos\windows in the search box.
- Select the Sophos file folder from the list.
Double-click Sophos Endpoint
Run Sophos Endpoint
Allow Program to Run
Sophos will be downloading and installing in the background - you won't see a progress bar or any other indicators. After a few minutes, proceed to the next step.
Auto Update Complete
- Click the up arrow in the lower-right corner of your screen. It will reveal the hidden icons.
- After the AutoUpdate is done, Sophos will be working properly. Double-click the Sophos icon to run a scan
Run a Sophos Scan in the Future
- Once you run the first scan, the icon may not appear with your hidden icons. If it does not, please visit our answer on running a Sophos virus scan.