This page provides instructions for installing Sophos Anti-Virus on Mac OS.
This program is only available for certain users due to licensing agreements. If you do not have access and believe you should have access to this program, please contact Support Central.
Make sure to uninstall the old version of Sophos before installing the new version, look below for step by step guide on uninstalling old Sophos.
1. Open Launchpad on your computer and search for "Remove Sophos Endpoint"
2. Double click to open
To start the Uninstall Process Click continue
Once the Uninstall Process is complete it will display the screen above, Click Close.
You have successfully Uninstalled Sophos
Connect to the Server
Connect to the server to locate the file for download
- Click on the desktop to activate the Finder menu.
- Select Go from the menu at the top of your screen
- Click Connect to Server
- Enter smb://Software.oc.edu/dist/Sophos/Central/Mac as the server address
- Click Connect.
Open the SophosInstall Folder
- Double-Click the Sophos Installer package.
- Double click the Sophos Installer Package icon to start the install process.
Start the Setup Process
- Click Install
- The Installation may take a minute to start
'Sophos Network Extension' Message
- If the Sophos Network Extension Message pops up click allow
Wait for Installation to complete
This may take several minutes.
Close the Installer
- Click Quit
- There should now be a Sophos icon at the top of your screen.