Ocularis is the software used to view campus security cameras.
Below are the instructions for installing or upgrading the Ocularis client.
This program is only available for certain users due to licensing agreements. If you do not have access and believe you should have access to this program, please contact Support Central.
Locate Ocularis Software
- Navigate to http://cctvmgr.oc.edu in your web browser.
- Click the Download button next to the Ocularis Client
Locate and launch the downloaded .exe file
User Account Control
If prompted for User Account Control, select Yes.
If the installer detects that an older version is installed, click Yes to uninstall the old version
Click Yes to confirm the uninstall of the old version.
Click Yes to keep your previous settings.
Press OK when the uninstall is complete.
Client Setup Wizard
Click Next to begin the Client Setup Wizard
- Click the radio button to accept the license agreement
- Select Next
Click Next to accept the installation location.
Click Next to begin the installation.
Once the software has finished installing, you will see the Setup Wizard Complete window. Press Finish to complete the installation.
- Double click the Ocularis Client icon on the desktop to open the program.
- If the icon is not on the desktop, it can be found on the Start Menu under OnSSI -> Ocularis Client.
- Enter cctvmgr for the server name
- In the Authentication field, select Current Windows User. This will fill in the Username field and will log you in to the security camera system using the same username and password that is logged into Windows.
- Click the Remember Login checkbox.
- Click Login
- When you hover your mouse over the upper left side of the menu bar, the menu options will appear.
- Click on Views to see the different views which are available to you.
- While viewing a camera, click on Browse to view the recorded view from that camera.
- Once you are logged in, the icon with the question mark is a link to the pdf documentation on the Ocularis client. This document should help answer any questions you might have with using the Ocularis client.
- The icon just to the left of the help icon will prompt to either log out of the client or to close the application. The icon to the right of the help icon will minimize Ocularis.