Choose the Blackboard Course
Go to the Blackboard course you want the test to be created in
Make sure Edit Mode is turned On
Go to the Course Exams content area
- Enter a Name for the test (Exam #1, etc.)
- Enter a Description for the test (optional)
- Enter Instructions for the test (optional)
- Click Submit
- Hover on Reuse Question
- Click Find Questions
Find Question Mode
Copy a Question
Link to Original Question
- Choose either Copy Selected Questions or Link to Original Question using the guidelines above. (This answer will use the Copy Selected Questions option.)
- Click Continue
- Click on the test you would like to start searching for questions in.
- Select the questions you would like to use
- Click Submit
- To edit the selected questions, click the maximize button. (optional)
We recommend doing this process one test at a time to make it easier to follow. Repeat this step as many times as necessary.
Edit Selected Questions
- To delete a question, click the red X.
- To view the question, click the window icon.
- To close this view, click the minimize button.
Make Question Edits
- Use these arrows to change the order of the questions.
- Use the checkboxes to adjust settings of multiple questions at once.
- After checking the boxes of selected questions, you can change their point value and click Update.
- Hover between the questions to add questions in a specific place.
- Change individual question point values.
- Sort through test by question type. (Ex: select True/False questions, check them all and edit their point values)
- Click Ok when finished.
Set the settings for the test. For detailed descriptions of each function, please visit this Blackboard help link.
When you have finished configuring the test, click Submit.