All incoming freshmen should choose courses for the first semester they'll attend OC. Follow the steps below to see the courses suggested for your major and instructions for choosing class sections.
Applicant Enrollment Page
- Go to https://slateredirect.oc.edu/enroll or, if you've already created your @eagles.oc.edu email account, navigate to https://services.oc.edu/redirect/159.
- Enter the username and password you created for your application on the admissions login page or enter your @eagles.oc.edu username and password on the Services login page.
- Press Login
View Suggested Classes
Click See suggested classes for your major
The Suggested classes page will open in a new tab.
Understand Suggested Classes Webpage
The classes suggested for your first semester will be listed. These classes are based on your intended major and your English and Math ACT scores.
Each class has a corresponding code. These codes are determined by three factors:
- A four-letter code that categorizes the class according to which subject it belongs. (For example, a class labelled "BIBL" belongs to the subject of Bible.)
- A four-digit code organizes classes within each department. The first number indicates the level of the class ("1" marks a freshman level class, while "4" marks a senior level class), and the last (fourth) number indicates the number of credit hours one may earn from this class.
- A two-digit code will appear at the end to indicate the class section only when there are multiple sections available for one course.
(If you are having trouble understanding what the four-letter code for each class means, click here or see the last image on this page for a list of descriptions)
Search and Register for Sections
Click Search and Register for Sections
The course registration page will open up in a new tab or window of your web browser. Use your suggested course list to fill out the following:
- Select the term for which you will be registering for classes.
- Choose the course subject
- Type in the course number
You can follow these three steps for up to five classes or subjects at a time. When you are finished click submit (#4).
Select Your Class Sections
All of the available sections for the classes you selected will appear. This can be very overwhelming. Here are some suggestions for how to work through the lists:
- For classes with multiple sections try to narrow the search - by a professor that has been recommended, a time that you would prefer, or days that you would prefer
- Set up a schedule for your week and start plugging in classes to see which sections would work best with your other classes.
Narrow Your Search
- Click Narrow my search
- It will appear that you have been taken back to the course schedule search page. This is where you will narrow your results by time, instructor, etc.
Select Classes to Register
- When you find a class that you would like to register for, check the box to the left of the listing.
- After you have selected all of your classes, select Submit at the bottom of the page.
- All of your selections will be added to your Preferred List.
Register for Selected Sections
If you need to search for more sections, you can select the Search and Register for Sections link at the top of the page. When you have finished selecting courses and wish to register, follow the steps below.
- Next to Action for ALL Pref. Sections, select RG Register. This will hold your spot in all of the classes you have selected.
- Click Submit
Alternately, you may register for classes individually by selecting RG Register from the drop-down box to the left of each section.
You will immediately know if your registration was or was not successful.
Some sections may be full. You may need to select a different section if your registration was unsuccessful.
If you are unsure why your class registration was unsuccessful, please contact the Registrar's office at email@example.com to resolve the issue.