To deploy a test using Lockdown Browser, you must first create and deploy the test in Blackboard like any other test. Follow the instructions below to deploy a test. If you have already created and deployed the test, you can skip to the Respondus Monitor portion of this answer.
Respondus Monitor is an add-on feature for LockDown Browser that enables a student's webcam to record them during an exam. Students will be prompted to purchase a license ($10 for the course) to use this feature (**for the 2020-2021 school year, the student fee is waived**).
For information about Respondus Monitor, visit www.respondus.com/monitor. Respondus also offers free instructor resources and training, available at www.respondus.com/monitor/resources.
Make sure Edit Mode in the top right corner is switched to On.
- Navigate to the Exams area of your course.
- Hover on the down arrows next to Assessment.
- Click Test.
- Select which test you would like to deploy.
- If you do not see your test in this list, it will need to be created first (click the Create button and follow the steps). After the test has been created, follow the previous steps in this recipe and select the test you just created.
- Click Submit.
Under Make the Link Available click Yes.
Set the other settings for the test. For detailed descriptions of each function, please visit this Blackboard help link.
Click Submit when you have finished configuring the test.
Enable Respondus Monitor
- Under the Control Panel.
- Click Course Tools.
- Click Respondus Lockdown Browser.
Select Test to Use with Monitor
- Click the Menu icon next to the test you want to deploy with lockdown browser.
- Click Settings.