This page provides information about what to back up on your computer and where to back up that data.
Common Items to Back Up
The following folders from Mac OS X > Users > username
- Internet Browser Bookmarks (instructions for backing up Safari bookmarks)
If someone else uses your laptop and they have a home folder (Mac OS X > Users > username) you may want to back up their files, also, as above.
Backup any files in the root of C:\Users\username and the following folders (unless they are empty) :
- Internet Browser Bookmarks
Outlook Personal Folders Files
*.pst files may be saved in the default location so please check here:
- Windows 7 and Vista: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook
- Windows XP: D:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook
If someone else uses your laptop and they have a profile (C:\Users\username) you may want to back up their files, also, as above.
Where to Back Up Your Data
You can back up your OC related data to several locations:
- Your Google Drive (recommended)
- A third party storage provider
Your OC email address has access to unlimited Google Drive space. You can upload files to Google Drive using multiple folders to successfully back up your data. You can view more information about Google Drive on the G Suite Learning Center Webpage.