This program is only available for certain users due to licensing agreements. If you do not have access and believe you should have access to this program, please contact Support Central.
All images must be uploaded and published in dotCMS before adding to a contentlet.
Locate Desired Page
Using the menu on the left hand side, locate the page you would like to add content to. Double-click on the page.
Lock for Editing
On the left-hand side, click Lock for Editing.
Locate Where to Add Content
The web page may have several areas where you are able to add content. Click any of the Add Content buttons to add content to that part of the page.
- Once you have located where to add content, click the Add Content button.
- Click New Content from the resulting menu.
- In the Title field, enter the department acronyms, the content name, summary, or topic, and your username.
- Click the Select Folder drop-down menu and choose the folder that the page resides in.
- In the Body text area, click the Image icon from the toolbar.
Insert/Edit Image Window
To the right of the Source description box, click the Browse icon.
Select a File
- Use the file folders on the left to locate the picture you would like to add.
- You can type names of images to filter your selection in the Filter box.
- Click Clear to clear your filter search.
- Click Upload New File to add an image from your computer.
- You can change the view of the picture selection with this button.
- Click Next or Previous to scroll through the images.
- Click on the image you would like to add to the contentlet.
- Describe your image so it is easier to find later.
- Make sure the dimensions are what you need them to be.
- Click Ok
The image will appear in the text area of your content. You can now add text or other formatting to your picture content.
When you have finished editing the content, click Save to save now and publish later or click Save / Publish to save and publish now.
NOTE: Save/Publish will make the content visible as soon as the page is published.
Click Release Lock to allow others to edit the web page.