There is a display setting that causes the image to be very dark with Mac OS, even though the brightness setting is correct in Windows Vista on the same computer.
Please connect your laptop to the projector with the display issue.
Go to System Preferences
- Click on the System Preferences Icon.
Your system preferences icon may not be on your dock. You can open it in 'Finder' using the steps below.
- Click the Apple Icon in the top left-hand corner of your screen.
- Click 'System Preferences'
Open Display Preferences
- Click on the Displays icon.
Select the Color Tab
- Two windows will appear: One for the display on the laptop and one for the projector. The one for the projector will be labeled at the top with something like Dell 2400MP. Choose that window.
- Click on the Color tab at the top. The selected display profile should be called something like Dell 2400MP or Dell 2300MP.
Select sRGB IEC61966-2.1
- Scroll down to the bottom of the list and choose sRGB IEC61966-2.1.
You have successfully changed the display settings for the projector. The projector image should now be much brighter.