Use these instructions from your computer with a Windows operating system to connect to a lab computer with a Windows operating system.
Connect to OC via VPN
Connect to Remote Desktop
- Click on the Windows start menu to find the search bar.
- Search for Remote Desktop Connection
- Double-click to open the app.
- Enter the hostname for the computer provided by your instructor.
- Click Connect.
- Enter your OC username proceeded by OC\.
- Enter your OC password.
- Click OK.
You should now be ready to use the machine.
Log Out When Finished
When you are finished with your work and are ready to log out:
- Click on the Start Menu
- Select the person icon next to your name
- Select Sign Out
Do not Shut Down the computer. It will shut down the physical machine and prevent any further connections.